Monday, September 3, 2018

My life

My name is Kaitlyn Marumoto-Torres, and I was born on October 4, 2000. My heritage is Japanese and Hawaiian. I grew up in a small town known as the Big island of Hawaii. I started going to St.Joseph Jr/Sr High School in 6th grade and graduated in May 2018. In high school I did my best to stay involved whether it was by joining student government, athletics, or clubs. As a result, I developed many friendships and still talk to a few of my friends from high school.


One of the things that I liked about my school, was that it was an international based school. As a result, I got to meet and learn about people from different cultures, which was a great experience for me. As a result, I developed many friendships and still talk to a few of my friends from high school. 
One of the things that I liked about my school, was that it was an international based school. As a result, I got to meet and learn about people from different cultures, which was a great experience for me.


In my family I have my: parents, step dad, step mom, two half brothers, one half sister, and one more on the way. My mother is a stay at home mom in Hilo, Hawaii and my dad works as a tech at a veterans home in Nevada. 
My step dad is a Pharmacist Technician and my step mom is a elementary teacher. I have a good relationship with my mother and consider her as my best friend.
My everyday hobbies include watching netflix, listening to music, playing percussion, and dancing. In addition, I love to travel and go on hikes, to explore what nature has to offer. For example I recently went on a hike to Mauna Kea and a valley that is in my hometown. It was worth the hike, and hiking is also a way for me to relieve any stress. 
One of the things that inspires me the most is risk. Starting something completely new and having no idea of how it will turn out, keeps my everyday life interesting and motivated.


As I go through my first year of college some of my short term goals include getting good grades, and being able to balance extracurriculars and school work while still having time to myself. Another short term goal of mine is to travel more. I want to go to places outside of the United States, such as Paris, Italy, Europe, and Mexico. By achieving these goals, it can eventually help me achieve my long term goals. In my future, I hope to achieve the goal of getting into a good medical school. Once I get into a good medical school, I can achieve my next goal of becoming a specialized surgeon.















No comments:

Post a Comment